Sunday, April 12, 2009

95 Years

It was a quick trip, but well worth it. For 30 hours I had the chance to zap back to Minnesota for my grandfather's memorial service and to see my whole family.
The service was bittersweet; I learned even more about my grandpa's contributions in the public service realm and his impact on University of Minnesota Political Science students. I read my creative writing piece. We visited the location where my grandpa's ashes will be buried and joined with my grandma's. We also planned to get together this summer up on Lake Superior and spread both George and Lois' ashes in that big Great Lake.
My aunt was telling me about how determined my grandpa was to make it to 100 years. During his last bit of time alive, when asked by a nurse how old he was, my 95-year-old grandpa replied, "100." It was his indicator that he was ready to go.


To end, they have been featured a few times already on this blog, but I cannot help but post photos of my ever-changing nieces and nephews. The true testament of time is in them, as they are growing so quickly it seems. Below follows a "portrait" of each. I miss them all dearly.

Avery and my mom

Avery, 1 year

Casey and his artwork

Natalie

My sister Kim and Avery

Owen and Alex

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm very sorry for your losses Miss... All the best to you and Josh.

Shua