Monday, June 7, 2010

One week old



A warning that is probably obvious to you at this point: you are going to see a lot of baby photos and read a lot about a baby in the coming weeks/months. Now that I've gotten that out of the way, this is a momentous day, as Gus has been with us on the outside for a week now. We still look at him in wonderment, not believing he is really ours. I am totally smitten with him, so much so that I could not focus on the movie we were watching this evening; I had to go to where he was sleeping and scoop him up just to stare at him. Speaking of sleep, Gus managed to let us sleep in until 9 this morning, with just a couple wake-up calls for feedings.

2 comments:

Emily in Nica said...

Don't worry about too much baby talk and pictures Missy! I'm eating it up and I check your blog every other minute for updates so keep it coming. It's my only way to feel like I'm there! He's so adorable. Wish I could scoop him up too.

dale said...

Gus is like a little bud becoming a flower, emerging in all his glory! Each day his facial features and personality become more developed before our very eyes! Thanks for all the pictures and stories.