Monday, October 20, 2008

Competitive Nature

Tonight at the tutoring session at CODENI I became involved in playing various games with a group of 7-ish-year-old girls. We played Memory so many times that by the end I had no idea where the cat/car/apple/turtle was last seen (if you have not played Memory before, this might confuse you a bit). The little girls were kicking my butt. And my competitive nature kicked in a bit when I caught the player to my right cheating every once in a while. She would casually lift a card and then turn in back over, and then proceeded to turn over a few more. This did not seem to bug the other players, but I was a little concerned :)
I also had the opportunity to play "Pick up Sticks," a rather simple yet thrilling little game. My friend and I each had a token stick to pick out other sticks one by one, without moving the others. We had a little crowd of onlookers around us near the end of the game, and I felt myself becoming more and more focused on winning. But of course, the game went to my friend in the end.

No comments: