Saturday, October 11, 2008

A Taste of Fall

I am back in Minnesota to see family and attend my cousin's wedding. After 8 or so years away from this state, I have forgotten just how beautiful it is here during fall. As I took my folks' dog on a run past the lakes and ponds (with reflections of intense yellows and reds) near my parents' house, I had a tremendous urge to just plop down and stay here a while! I will be heading out shortly to drive down to Minneapolis to see the rest of my family and have a fun night at the wedding.
My trip here was fairly interesting. I was directed from Guad to Puerto Vallerta and was supposed to head on to Phoenix, and then Minneapolis. But when we reached Puerto Vallerta our next plane was having mechanical problems, so they had to put us up for the night in an all-inclusive resort on the beach. Now I have been caught mid-flight in other cities before (ie; Detroit) but nothing quite compared to this experience. I was only wishing I could have enjoyed it more... I could not help but want to continue on to Minnesota.
(Note- my camera is broken, therefore you will have to imagine the falls colors, and the pacific ocean. I hope to have the camera back soon!)

No comments: