Sunday, September 13, 2009

Action Packed

It has been a sporty weekend, beginning with the issuing of my WKU ID, which I went on to use later in the evening for free admission to a volleyball game. The Lady Hilltoppers had an impressive win over Northern Illinois, closing the deal in three matches. And I had a close-up view of Big Red, our mascot who is one of the top picks for favorite college mascots in the nation.

The following day, Josh and I biked to Pig, and stopped back in at the Porky Pig Diner for water and Cokes. Many of the roads were narrow and winding and had very little traffic, and along the way we were offered views and smells of tobacco drying.

Later that evening the Hilltoppers football team was playing University of South Florida and we decided to bike down and watch the game from behind a fence for a bit. Our team was getting crushed*, but we were offered the diversion of watching the flag team warm up before their half time performance.
*We are more excited about attending the WKU basketball games, which promise to be better, as WKU made it into the second round of the final four last year.

Today I worked my muscles on cleaning and staining our back deck. Here are the before photos... I did not quite finish today, but will post the after shots soon. I am sure the suspense will be hard to handle.


And a few parting shots to finish off my sporty blog. The photos below are from going to see the Hot Rods (named so because of the corvette factory here in town) with my folks last weekend. This minor league team plays in a brand new stadium where it's hard to find a bad seat.


No comments: