Wednesday, January 6, 2010

On the Road Again

Well, we returned to Kentucky, unpacked all of our new baby goods (including unstrapping a stroller from the roof of our car- my goodness, what is happening to us!) and exchanged the winter clothes in our bags for warm weather attire, and now we sit in the Miami airport, awaiting our departure to Quito, Ecuador. Josh is helping run another Truth With A Camera workshop, and I have come along to help, and perhaps head down to the coast for a bit. Before leaving I made some fairly desperate calls to my doctor, then insurance company, then doctor, then insurance company, practically begging for more Zofran to get me through the trip. Because the medication is expensive, my insurance company is wanting me to try other cheaper options, those of which are less safe for the growing babe, and myself. But finally after a day of phone calls, the insurance company came through, and I am in the possession of enough drugs to -hopefully- keep me puke-free while on the road. We are excited for this adventure, and are savoring one of our last flights/trips that will be child-free (well, on the outside that is).

2 comments:

Eric said...

Hi Missy! Get off those man made chemicals with weird side effects and go see an acupuncturist. They don't just use needles they also have a vast knowledge of Chinese herbs and can make a "prescription" based just on your conditions. The herbs don't cover up your symptoms they cure the problem. Women in China have been having babies for as long as the thousands of years Chinese medicine has been around, giving time to perfect the medications. Nicole was using herbs all during her pregnancy. Have fun in the warm weather!

Eric said...

Please tell me to shut up Missy. Otherwise I'll preach a little more... I found two acupuncturists that have office hours in Bowling Green. This one looks the best, Daniel Lee http://www.acupuncture1.com The other didn't have certification with the NCCAOM. I promise it'll help! If it doesn't, Josh will rub your feet and toes for an hour with warm oil.