Monday, March 29, 2010

Minnesotans in Kentucky

My folks flew in from Minnesota to visit this past weekend. Crazy as it sounds, the weather's been nicer in northern Minnesota than in Bowling Green this past month. So we were relieved to have at least one day of warm, sunny weather while they visited. In celebration, we headed to Mammoth Cave to hike on Sal Hollow trail. Along the way, we had to make a quick stop on the curvy road we were following and my folks were fortunate enough to witness me puking on the side of the road. Shortly afterward we ate our sandwiches and carried on with the hike we had planned.


Later that evening we made homemade pasta with Andouille sausage. In the photo below my mom and Josh are running the pasta dough through the "extractor" (much like those little Play-doh sets, except this is the grown up version). Saturday night's wind rolled in colder temps and a cloudy sky for Sunday so we had a leisurely breakfast of waffles and then made our way to shop for a grill and a table and chairs for the deck. After stops at a few different stores, we made our choice and officially graduated from charcoal to a gas grill with new "infrared heat" technology. We tested it out with some buffalo burgers and spent some time during dinner discussing baby names. Unfortunately, we did not reach a consensus.

My folks left this morning after dropping me off for work (ensuring that I got there early as opposed to my usual couple minutes late). They left me with their still nameless sixth grandchild warmly tucked in my belly, and will return in two months when the Meltzarp creation will have emerged.

To end, a view of the increasingly larger tummy. Josh took this photo while we were on break from our birthing class, where we were shown videos of babies emerging from their mums. It left me a little freaked out!

No comments: