Saturday, April 24, 2010

Good for the belly



There are two weeks left of classes left at WKU, and unbelievably, the beginning of Baby 101 will soon follow. Despite the nausea that has failed to cease (or ceased to fail?) during these past eight months, the time has gone faster than I imagined it could. The babe inside has now found a crevice under my ribs and delights in poking under them once in a while. When I feel movement, I put my hand on my stomach and feel its little bum, or elbow, or head... who knows!
To ask us if we feel prepared, our answer is wishy washy. The diapers are stacked up, little onesies are waiting to be spit up upon and the blankets are ready to swaddle.
But. We are not settled on names, especially in the male category. The car seat is not installed. And most importantly, will we know what to do with this new being? Will it love us as much as we are prepared to love it?
I thought I would include a photo of my recent purchases from the back up and running farmers market... this week we are enjoying asparagus, greens, strawberries, beets and new potatoes. And I was just out to our "farm" (ie; the community gardens) and was pleased to see large onion, corn, bean, and pea sprouts (along with a large crop of weeds!). I added tomato, pepper and squash plants to the mix and then called it a day before the rain rolled in.

2 comments:

Eric said...

Farmer Warp! Do have some cute coveralls to wear when you tend your garden? I like potatoes!

Amy said...

Oh, your "haul" looks so scrumptious-- and the prepared version utterly mouthwatering! Love hearing about all of life there...thinking of you! xoxo