Monday, July 6, 2009

Times I Love

What a week. Much of what I enjoyed about my time in Minnesota can be summed up in photos below. I am going to let them do the talking, along with some captions here and there.
Owen (3), my nephew, has a terrific imagination. He can entertain himself for lengthy periods of time with his "men." Last night before he headed to bed, he sat patiently as I read a book about "Star Wars" to him.

Alex (with Owen in background) just turned four and is sporting the new guayabera shirt that Josh and I bought for him. He loves pockets and was pretty happy about the set of four on this shirt.
Avery is one and a half, and is so. much. fun.



We headed into town on the 4th of July for the annual Moose Lake parade




My grandparents, Alexander and my dad

Owen waiting for the parade to begin

I was happy I actually caught one of the jets that flew overhead during the parade...

Kim and her kiddos down by the lake


Grandpa Ollie and Casey preparing to head out fishing, with Jovi the retriever hoping to join them.


Grandpa Ollie and Casey in a checkers match

Grandma Ollie and Natalie join Bruno for cards


Claus conversing with my grandpa, and Casey and the bonfire pit




Owen crashed on my sister Kim


Firework show on Sand Lake

Sand Lake
I left the family for a spell to see my old friend Shua. He and his dad are pictured above.

My mom and Avery having breakfast in the sun porch


Natalie

Last night we took a ride in the boat on Sand Lake. It was beautiful.





And before bed, the kids made desserts with frosting... and somehow managed to go to bed on sugar highs
I am now on my way back to México, and look forward to my return to Minnesota again at summer's end.

No comments: