Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The babe has dropped

Or so they say. And so it feels. This little one is enjoying nuzzling its head down hard on my bladder, and gives me a start every once in a while. As the babe pokes me on the sides with its elbows or heels, I try and poke it back, or rub the surface of the "poking" appendage in order to try and guess which body part it is. It responds quickly by pulling back in.
I am no longer riding my bike to school, and am trying to take it easy. While our friends Pete and Angie visited this past weekend it was nice to lounge around the house and eat good food, get caught up, and share laughs. Overlapping with them was our good friend Michael, who was en route to Minnesota from Alabama. So we had a houseful, and they all got to see my big buddha belly and gave the large mass a few rubs.
The semester is nearing its end, with graduation this weekend. Josh and I will wrap everything up on Tuesday, and then we move on to baby focus. There is a stack of books beside my bed that I am determined to speed read. We have to settle on this kiddo's name. That car seat still needs to find its way to my car. And it could be any day now...

2 comments:

Angela Meltzer said...

Babe says: "No car seat yet? I'll just wait in here til you're ready."

Unknown said...

Sure would be cool if the baby waited till you're ready. I was bolting a toilet to the floor while Nicole was in labor. I'm getting excited about your new baby...