Tuesday, May 25, 2010

We Are Going Crazy.

While Josh sits across from me at the dining room table singing along to the (not so clean) lyrics of Doctor Dre I realize it has come down to this: we are going crazy. Despite the fact we are still four days from the due date, we are so ready to have meltzarp. With the school year complete, we are trying hard to distract ourselves with work on the "farm," cleaning bikes, painting, lynda.com tutorials and rediscovering old books to browse through. I don't think I am nesting, I am just trying to stay sane. I saw our friend Mike walking down the sidewalk yesterday evening and ran out to catch him, with Josh on my heels. He and little Mila were a good distraction for 15 minutes.
This morning we woke with the task of finding ourselves a diaper changing table. After visiting a number of consignment shops and considering a variety of options (if we hack the legs off of that dresser, it will be at the perfect level), we ended up settling on a pretty boring and cheap little number, with hopes that something more exciting will come along later.
We just saw the movie Babies, where a new Mongolian mum, dad, new infant and toddler all squeeze together on a motorbike and ride home from the hospital. The reason I note this is because I am going back to that car seat issue. The car seat is ready, yes, but it is the car that has been out of commission. After the heavy rains something went awry, and we have been waiting for over a week to have it diagnosed and fixed. Fortunately we do not have to turn to a motorbike for transport, but we really are hoping to hear back from the mechanic today.



Well, the mood has changed, as Josh has now changed the Pandora station to DeVotchKa. I had better get going, as I still have a long list of not so necessary things to get through today. And regarding meltzarp, don't worry, we'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

Amy said...

288 days... okay, sorry, sorry, I'll shut up. Instead I'll say enjoy those theater movies, because they will be a much rarer event going forward. :) xoxo

Eric said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRQoYCqEr_4

erdomi said...

That movie looks REALLY GOOD.