Thursday, June 4, 2009

El Barrio

I am sure to post a sequel to this posting, as there are many more photos to take. But for now I wanted to offer a glimpse of aspects I have grown accustomed to seeing in our neighborhood here in Guadalajara.


A rough translation... "Poetry for the poor, poetry that is necessary as every day bread. I make mine the mistakes I feel for all of the suffering people."

Not abandoned trash, but parking spot savers. And people respect them, as I have noted in the past.
People tend to be protective of their green space here. This person is very much so.

Grafiti. Is. Everywhere. I now understand why spray paint is locked up in stores in the U.S.

"Don't go faster than your guardian angel can fly."

Our cornering street and good reference for taxi drivers. This is the way all of the street signs appear in México, except for the very large thoroughfares.

When we miss the tianguis market, we make stops at this nearby produce tienda.

Around the corner, where Josh gets his hair cut.

This is what the buses look like in Guadalajara. What is missing from this one is a big image of Jesus, and/or black pirate flags. While riding our bikes, if we see one of these bad boys coming we swerve out of the way.

The panaderia near our house, near the vegetable store. Always smells incredible, but I usually fight the urge to stop by.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun faces-of-the-day photos. What's with the SHOES??