Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Checking my math skills


Hoping that my dad will not check over my work (as he did when I was in high school), I am posting an image of Esmeralda's and my scribblings for her division worksheet. I worked with the CODENI kids last night at the library, and told a few that I did not know Spanish very well, but Math, yes? Well, as long as it does not involve anything beyond division!
Tonight I played volleyball for a while with the kids and then navigated for the first time on my own, on my bike (about a 15-20 minute ride) back to nuestra casa. Then Josh and I headed to our local tamale stand where- apparently- they make 400 fresh tamales each day. I will have to bring my camara the next time we head there... my favorite blend is pollo y verduras (chicken and vegetables).

No comments: