Wednesday, September 24, 2008

If you are still wondering...

... about my bike, it's not fixed yet. This is something that I am trying to adjust to... it literally takes a whole day to get something like that done when you don't know a city, and don't have a car. It was also a challange to try and mail something today. Post offices are few and far between here, and when we finally found one, it took quite some time before we could buy the postage to mail our letter. To recap, most of my day was spent searching for a post office and a bike repair shop. I think I found the shop, but I have no idea what kind of hours it keeps. So I locked the bike outside of the supposed shop, and will head back to see what is going on tomorrow. You might think that it is peculiar that I do not know whether or not it is a bike shop. Yet there are a large number of businesses that do not have signs. You just have to know that they are there, and be lucky enough to catch them when they are open.
This is like the orange juice lady near our house. I managed to catch her one morning selling fresh-squeezed juice from her house. But I haven't managed to find her again. I will keep trying.

No comments: