Saturday, September 27, 2008

Viewing things from afar


I have had a great tutor for the past few weeks named Octavio. Yesterday in particular was interesting as we talked (in about as much depth that I could muster in Spanish) about the political scene in Estados Unidos and the debate. Octavio is well read in the politics of America and he, like many Mexicans, is just as interested in the upcoming election as I am. How could skin color possibly affect a person's capacity for intelligence? Octavio and I both wondered. Octavio asked me whether I thought it was truly possible for McCain and Palin to win. Sure, I do not have that answer. However after watching Sarah Palin's interview with Katie Couric, and hearing Obama and McCain speak last night, I am more convinced than ever about my choice for president.

In other news, the trumpet practicer who lives next to us is practicing again. He is getting better... trills and all. My bike is fixed. Well, sort of (see below). The neighbors around us have been out sweeping most of the morning (this is big here- I have to work on this). Josh and I will make plans for the day. We discovered a terrific park close to us with running trails and lots of green space. Perhaps we will head there?



No comments: