Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Mexican Oddities II

Well, this isn't all odd, but I thought a sequel title would be better than something random. To start, people here do interesting things with trees.


It's almost like a contest between neighbors.


It is rare to find a uniform sidewalk in the city. Everyone has the option of doing what they'd like with the sidewalk in front of their home...

LinkOr not doing anything with it.


Almost like you see it in the states.


It just isn't a home if it doesn't have graffiti on it.

Link
Security system that a number of people in the city employ.


We really like these Coke delivery trucks. And we love that there are still returnable bottles in this country. Somehow Coca Cola tastes better this way.


There are people throughout the city that sell homemade potato chips. And they are SO good.


We also like that we can buy as many or as few eggs as we want. We can buy 10 rather than a dozen if we feel like it. And sometimes they still have feathers on them.


Our upstairs neighbor's cat (Batman) has discovered a new way to spy on us.


Having grown up in Minnesota, I am adjusting to seeing Christmas decorations in a warm weather climate where there isn't the slightest chance of snow. The decorations seem a little melancholy to me.

And while the high is only supposed to hit 16 degrees tomorrow in Moose Lake, MN...


Mandarins and limes are growing here, and the cactus garden that we inherited is thriving.



To end, I did indeed experience an oddity today while walking home from a nearby neighborhood. Out of nowhere a 16-ish-year-old boy came by and pinched my bum and took off like lightening down the sidewalk. It took me a few moments to register what had happened, and by that point, he had vanished. Was is a dare? Do I have a big butt? I don't know- and guess I never will.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay - that butt thing is so darn funny! I'm sure the boy thought you had a cute butt and needed to check for himself that it was the real thing :)!! Love you!

Eric said...

Mmmmm... I like fresh made potato chips! They're hot, crunchy and taste really good but I don't get to eat them often and that makes me sad so I try not to think about it, matter of fact this is the first time I've thought about it in years. I eat baked chips in a bag, they're okay but not as good as those chips made while you wait. I'd like to make some myself since we have no vendors that sell them where I live. I'll start a company and call them Moose Lake Potato Chips and have cool flavors like Thai Peanut.